Xto1 Ltd (“We,” “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In the course of your dealings with us, we may process personal data:
- we collect about you;
- you provide us; or
- we receive from third parties.
Purpose and Scope
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.xto1.com, using the Xto1 applications or otherwise corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Xto1 Ltd.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.xto1.com or mobile application(s) (our “Platform”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Platform, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, your employment history, educational and professional qualifications.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, the other services we provide, or from our business partners instructed to collect information on our behalf. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses Made of the Information
We may use information we hold about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used, enquired about or we feel may interest you;
- to communicate with you to gain feedback on our products or services in order to improve them – if you do not want us to use your data in this way, then please notify us when contacted or unsubscribe using the appropriate facilities in the communication;
- to notify you about changes to any of our services;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any of the interactive features of our respective services;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any agreement we enter into with them or you.
Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you in an aggregated manner to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. However, we shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure any such disclosure is made only after suitable confidentiality obligations have been obtained from the relevant third parties.
- If Xto1 or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by informing us not to process it this way or, where available, checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the Contact Form.
You have the right to ask to have any data we hold to be corrected by contacting us in writing through the various avenues as indicated above.
You can find out more information about your rights at the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website which can be found at https://ico.org.uk
Links to Other Websites
From time to time, our Website may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such policies. Please check these policies, where available, before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Xto1 may change this policy from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.